BEAUTIFUL BARROW AND THE RED DOOR

The red door in the photo is the entrance to Julie’s house where I have been doing my laundry these past few weeks.  Inside it is warm and cozy while the snow and ice are blocked from entering, most likely intimidated by the bright red door, thank goodness.

These photos were taken this Saturday, 1/19, on my walk to Julie’s and during the wash cycle, on a walk to the post office.  The sun officially comes up over the horizon this coming Tuesday, but it was making a sneak appearance on Saturday…the bright, orange/red expanse in the distance is a welcome sign.  The sky was again the most beautiful combination of pink and blue.  I’ve never seen more beautiful skies and after only two, what seemed like short, months of darkness, this new turn of events is resurrecting my love for being here in this beautiful place.










The wind is howling outside my window at 9 am this morning and it is very dark.  I'll be looking for the top of the bright orb in the early afternoon if it dares to come up on such a windy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARRIVING IN BARROW 1ST DAY OCT 10, 2012

GOOD MORNING ON THE EVE OF A NEW YEAR

DODGING MUD PUDDLES AND PASSING PROBATION