PHOTOS OF THE BODFISH FAMILY AND GREETINGS TO DAD




 
The photo in the slide is of Waldo Bodfish, Sr. It sounds as though he was a very prominent person in the community, being involved in many of its activities over the years. Elder Billy Nashoalook remembers when black and white motion pictures first came to Wainwright. Waldo rented a space and charged a small amount for admission; I believe he said 5 cents.

Elsie and the some of the Bodfish decedents that were at the celebration invited me to sit with them and agreed to my taking a group photo of them. The man in the third row up, another Willie Bodfish, held up the book I'd brought and that they all had signed for Dad. The older woman in the red and black parka in the front row is Marietta, Waldo Sr.’s daughter.  His son, Waldo Jr. is in the Carhartt overalls in the separate photos with his wife, Eileena.  He squeezed my hand very hard and was happy to hear about Dad knowing his dad.  Eileena told me that it was alright if I took her photograph if she could keep her hat on = ).

There are many more Bodfish’s in the community as Waldo Sr. and his wife had many children and their children have had many children.  I enjoyed meeting them and was happy that they asked me to give Dad their warm greetings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARRIVING IN BARROW 1ST DAY OCT 10, 2012

GOOD MORNING ON THE EVE OF A NEW YEAR

DODGING MUD PUDDLES AND PASSING PROBATION