PHOTOS, FLIGHT TO ATQUSAK, OCT 19













Comments

  1. I have reservations about taking photos of the Inupiat people...it seems as though it would be intrusive. I think as I get to know them, I'll be able to ask and will enjoy posting them. I see a lot of young mothers with traditional parkas with infants being carried in their hoods, many beautiful fur ruffs on many hoods here to help protect from the strong winds and cold. Many, many smiling adults and laughing children. The men seem as involved in the childrens' lives as the women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...this is all to say that the photos to Atqusak don't reflect seeing the people living there, only prior to take off to and during the flight back. Next Friday I'll be flying in a similar plane to Nuiqsut. Will get more photos of the village, if not the people.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ARRIVING IN BARROW 1ST DAY OCT 10, 2012

GOOD MORNING ON THE EVE OF A NEW YEAR

DODGING MUD PUDDLES AND PASSING PROBATION