WHITE CAPPED MOUNTAINS JUNEAU TO ANCHORAGE

















I was very fortunate to be assigned a window seat on each of my flights between Barrow and Juneau via Anchorage and Fairbanks.  I hadn’t charged the battery in my camera, so could only regretfully stare at towering Mount McKinley and Mount Foraker as we flew what felt like, close enough to reach out and touch them.  The sky lightened the further we flew from Barrow, so midway between Fairbanks and Anchorage, the view of these mountains was spectacular in the sunshine at the 22,000 feet we were flying.  Above are photos taken when leaving Juneau and on the way to Anchorage and then one after taking off from Anchorage to Fairbanks.    

Although I enjoyed the trip, the charting class and meeting many public health nurses from around Alaska, I felt elated to be returning home to Barrow where it is much quieter.  I’ve also grown to love the expansive, endless flat snow covered lagoons, tundra and sea ice with not anything, even as high as a small shrub, to block their view.  It really does lend to a feeling of having an open heart and mind.  When coming in for our landing last night, roaring and shaking above and descending onto the runway in Barrow with its lights in the near distance, I couldn’t help feeling that I was coming home.  Although I am counting the days until flying to Washington to visit my family in the Spring.  I guess we are home wherever our hearts feel most filled with love.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ARRIVING IN BARROW 1ST DAY OCT 10, 2012

GOOD MORNING ON THE EVE OF A NEW YEAR

DODGING MUD PUDDLES AND PASSING PROBATION